· Minister of Social Affairs represented by Saleh Hdayfe (check with Lena)
· Army commander Colonel Amin El‐Aram
· Director General of Internal Security Forces represented by Mr. Hanna El‐ Lahham,
· Head of public relations divisions of the internal security forces Lt. Col. Joseph ElMusallem,
· Traffic expert Elias Azzi,
· President of the Syndicate of Private Hospitals Sleiman Haroun
· Paramedics division of the Red Cross represented by Mrs. Alaa Allam
· Secretary of the commission of public works and transport, energy and water Akram Hassan,
· and a number of social and media figures.
Aridi asserted that efforts by Kunhadi and other associations complement the work of official establishments and applauded initiatives taken to improve the current situation, and encouraged the support of the civil society. Aridi congratulated Kunhadi on its awareness activities and for being “an active partner of the ministry in solving and spreading road safety awareness in Lebanon.
According to him, car crash statistics published by different institutions indicate that the main reasons behind traffic fatalities and injuries are: Speed, driving under the influence of alcohol and disregard of road regulations. Aridi called upon all municipalities to collaborate with the ministry and associations to reduce the toll of fatalities on the road.
Kunhadi’s vice president Mrs. Lena Gebrane thanked every one who believed and supported Kunhadi, be it in financial means, media coverage, moral support or volunteer work. And she promised “despite any obstacle and all difficulties, we promise you we will not stop our mission to spread road safety awareness and make our roads safer”.
Kunhadi president Mr. Fady Gebrane then explained more about the causes of car crashes and how to stop them from increasing and announced Kunhadi’s surprise for 2012: Lebanese and Spanish Formula 3 champion Noel Jammal has joined Kunhadi as the new road safety ambassador. Together with Noel Jammal, Kunhadi will shape a new understanding of speeding that will restrict speed driving to specialized racing tracks, under the slogan “We race on the track, we drive on the road”.